Austin

Austin
1st B-day Party

Sunday, March 7, 2010

New Mommy Friends

I am so freaking EXCITED! One of my mommy/neighbor friends, Karla, invited me to go with her to the Breastfeeding Support Group at the Gilbert Mercy Hospital with her. Now as you may or may not know, I had to stop giving my child breast milk due to his allergic reactions to it - finally at 5 months of age. So I wasn't sure if I was allowed to really go, but she said come and I went for it.
They had a guest speaker on how to help your choking baby/child and that was helpful. Apparently I do remember my previous CPR training so that was refreshing.
But I met the NICEST mamas ever!! Karla and Lauren (other neighborhood mommy friend who also goes to this group) are already super nice so to get to meet and hang out with their other friends was outstanding! They welcomed me in so freely, which is not very common with all people.
They were all talking about the one girl's child's 1st birthday party coming up this Saturday and than says, "well, I know you don't know me very well but do you want to come too?" I was like, are you sure? You don't have to invite me just because you are all talking about it, but SURE! I would love to!! I am so EXCITED!
NEXT the little group within the Support Group and I went to Costco (nearby) for lunch and to look around. It was so much fun!! The 5 of us all walking around together with our babies in strollers and carts.
SO THANK YOU KARLA for inviting me and THANK YOU to everyone else for being so inviting!! It really made my day! my week and probably my year!
See you all on Friday again - as I was invited to come back!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you are able to come hang out with us now, I have definately made some good friends and & great support group through them, whenever one of us is upset the rest are there! We are glad to have you

    ReplyDelete