Austin

Austin
1st B-day Party

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Traumatic Week

Austin hasn't had the best week, nor has his mama.

1. Austin ate dirt. I was watering our shrubs/trees and watching him but he all of a sudden was chewing on something. So I run over and he has a clump of dirt in his hand and I use my finger to swab his mouth to find more little clumps! He didn't even seem to dislike it. Now if only peas could taste like dirt....
2. Austin fell in the tub. He was trying to stand up to get close to me as I was going through his flashcards and he slipped. I dropped the cards and tried to grab him, but he was so slippery and moving because, yeah, he was drowning. I got him as he was completely under water splashing all around and he coughed up some water and his eyes were all red. But he was fine and the whole thing was like a total of 2-3 seconds.. but still - HOW TRAUMATIC FOR HIS MAMA!!! Here is a pic in his little ducky rob after the ordeal - see, he recovers very quickly.


3. Bad sleep! He has been waking up for like 2-3 hours at a time at night because his new teeth are bothering him so much. Tired baby and tired mama and papa.
He was so tired that he fell asleep coming home from dodgeball and just never woke up! Sleepy little man.

4. TWO NEW TEETH! He has one of his top teeth has broken through and the other is oh so close - I can see the white under the gums, so I know we are close. But this has been causing a lot of pain for Austin during the days and nights. Thank Goodness for teething tablets!
5. Austin is sick with Sinusitis and an ear infection. He hasn't been as happy and his nose has been running non-stop for a very long time now. He started to cough really really bad the last few nights. I waited a couple days to make sure it wasn't a one time thing than took him to see the Pedi yesterday. She said that it was perfect timing because he has a chronic sinus infection and an ear infection. She said that if I would have brought him in the day before she probably wouldn't have seen the ear infection and not treated it properly. If I had waited another day it could have meant a VERY ANGRY BABY! So Go Mama! But he is waking up in pain a couple time a night from the teething and the ear infection I assume. Now after only 1 dose of antibiotics (which he will be taking twice a day for 14 days) he did not cough at all last night! THANK THE LORD! I would have to go in and sit him up so the coughing would subside temporarily.. so no coughing makes for a happier baby and mama.

That is our week! Poor little man! But he still smiles all the time, Lucky Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment