Austin

Austin
1st B-day Party

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dirty Thirties! Thank you!



OMG - I am now 30 freaking years old. But I couldn't have celebrated it any better!
It started with my sister flying in from CO for the occasion on Thursday. We did a little shopping at IKEA (I got new curtains for 1 guest bedroom) and Buy Buy Baby (got a couple things for A). Her luggage didn't make it with her so we needed to kill a few hours and we were finally able to pick it up 5 hours or so later.
Friday - we cleaned, prepped and make lots of food, got groceries and some other items. Those items - a new guest suite mattress (great deal - and your welcome upcoming guests), a sewing machine (I am from NE, we all know how to sew), a TV stand for the new upstairs tv and lots of stuff for the party. LOTS OF MONEY SPENT ON FRIDAY - SORRY HONEY!
That night we went to karaoke. Even though there were only like 5 of us, we have a freaking blast and apparently I should be on American Idol according to the bar hoppers - too bad I aged out! UGH! hehe I got to sing 5 times and even see my step brother and his fiance -thanks for making the drive after work!


Saturday -Bed at 1am. Austin up at 2am, 4am, 4:40am and yeah, we just stayed up at that point.
We went garage sale shopping (got some GREAT DEALS), than to a farmers market, walmart again for stuff we missed on Friday and home right at 10am for our massages. If you need a massage - my girl will come to your house and she is way cheaper than anywhere else you can go, plus she is AMAZING! LOVE HER! oh and she is from NEBRASKA!
We busted our butts and cleaned, moved furniture, set it all outside and upstairs in the play loft area, made the rest of the food and got it all out, I made my own cake, cupcakes and brownies - so had to frosting those. It was ridiculous! But it all got done around 5pm - party started at 4:30pm.

LOTS of friends came who I haven't seen in like 6-12 months and we had a really good time. Justin grilled, my sister kept all the wonderful food (we had many compliments) filled and clean, everyone that tried it loved my special "tracie" drink now called Shooting Star, we had a sitter come and help watch all the little ones which really helped me out and hopefully my mommy friends and than around 8pm, just after I got Austin to bed - EVERYONE LEFT!!
I know!! Just as I was finally able to really have a drink and start talking to all my friends, everyone left!! I was a little bummed about that because I wasn't able to hang out and catch up with anyone really. So now I need to have another BBQ! hehe Joking!

But it was fun - and even though everyone left, my hubby's friends/co-workers came later and we all got to sit down and play poker together. We taught my sister how to play and got super drunk together. It was so fun! I passed out on the couch around 12:15am. I woke up to like 1 person still here than up to bed. My sister totally cleaned and put almost everything away for me last night too and she was tipsy. THANK YOU BRANDI! LOVE YOU!

It was wonderful and I thank all of my friends and family for giving me such a wonderful birthday. - OH and people brought me gifts!! I was actually really really shocked and grateful. Thank you EVERYONE!! Now we seriously need another party to use up all the new bottles of alcohol I was given! hehe

It is 9am on Easter - the morning after. Austin stayed asleep all night for the first time in 3 weeks! Happy Birthday Mommy! But he did wake up at 5am (that is fine) and I thought for sure my hubby would get him and feed him. Unfortunately, I am in way better shape than him and he got very sick shortly after that time. I actually felt fine - just tired so I fed my baby and we played. Everyone is still sleeping, including Austin (nap, it is 9:15am and we missed the first mass so we will go later. I am making a turkey (I don't know why I thought I would take that on after this party??) for dinner and will just relax most all day today. Easter pics to come in the next blog.
THANK YOU AGAIN - HELLO 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment