Austin

Austin
1st B-day Party

Monday, April 26, 2010

NE trip

Well Austin and I went to Nebraska to visit my mommy this past week. Overall it was great. But we had some interesting experiences and some traumatic ones.
Wed we flew in the morning. I bought a new carry-on bag and my sis convinced me to get a hard case one, yeah, my concerns were validated because IT DOESN'T FIT INTO THE OVERHEAD COMPARTMENT!! I was pissed!! So they checked it for free, thanks Allegiant, love you guys! My aunt picked me up, my mom got home from work and we went to Applebees for a late lunch/early dinner. I barely ate anything but was so full, since I have been dieting it was hard to eat food again. We went to bed early.
Thursday, A and I went for a walk and got some balloons for my dad - as it was his 60th birthday that day. Than we went to his office at lunch time to say hello and give his balloons and card. Than to their house to visit with Bobbi for an hour. My home and cousin Casie drove in from Omaha to hang out. Than we went to dinner at this new BBQ place by my house. My friend and her 2 small girls joined us. HORRIBLE Experience. So we finally get seated after the people who came in after us got seated first - and I said something to the hostesses. We are chatting finally get our order in at 20 till 8pm. Forty minutes go by and still no food. We have 3 children under 4 yrs old getting very upset along with 5 adults! Our server doesn't know why are food isn't at our table as the kitchen claims they made it already. SO we ask for the manager. She doesn't want to talk to us. Than she bluntly avoids our table so we go to her and have a little conversation. She was a total BITCH and is blaming our server. I am like, regardless what are we going to do about it. My friend, her hubby and 2 girls leave without any food. They finally give us food all boxed up and some gift certificates, at 9:00pm! We than completely rip the Manager a New A-Hole because she was handling this situation so badly. She never apologized and just kept blaming the server who is totally crying to us. So the next morning we called the General Manager and told him the hole story. THIS MANAGER was really BAD!
Than we went out with my friend Tom and had a Great time.
Friday - Austin fell off my mom's bed! I was sitting right next to him and had my arm there but I was looking at the computer and he dropped his toy, than leaped over my arm. He wasn't hurt but we both cried!! It sucked! Mom got off at noon and we ate at Godfathers than did some running around including stopping at a couple garage sales. It was so fun, I miss my mama so much sometimes. That night I went out to karaoke with my friends Tom, Jen and her sis, their boyfriends and her parents and their friends. Several other friends weren't able to come, so I was super disapointed and didn't know if I was even going out anymore, but it all worked out.
Saturday - up, packed and off to airport. After going through security I set Austin in his stroller and didn't strap him in. I grabbed my bags adn pushed the stroller foward about 3 feet and he slipped out the bottom onto the floor! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!! How did that happen that fast!! I didn't even go anywhere!! And totally in front of everyone, I felt like such a horrible parent!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you and A back in AZ, and don't beat yourself up over the stoller incident, Eli totally fell in front of me yesterday, he decided he was going to use his walker as a push toy and totally went face first onto the carpet! :(

    ReplyDelete