Austin

Austin
1st B-day Party

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vomitting Baby

OMG - Austin was so sick today. He has never been sick like this, not ever! He started the day well by sleeping good last night. Than he didn't want to eat all of his bottle. So that was odd. Than he played but not with the same happiness he normally does. We went outside and I put our new patio table together as he sat and watched on the turf with some toys. Than I fed him some solids but he wasn't interested in those much either but ate some.
He took his normal nap at 8:30am and I got my workout in. He woke and just seemed like he wanted me to hold him all the time. This is not normal - he likes his independence even when I want to hold him, he wants to roam. I had him up in the loft play area - gated off - and did some laundry upstairs. Than the new exercise equipment was here and getting delivered. He seemed like he was in pain so I gave him some Baby Tylenol and teething tablets. I tried to feed him but he only ate an ounce. I put in the fridge and tried 30 min later. He ate a little bit more, cried and began the MAJOR VOMITING! All over him and me but I caught all of it because I had the recliner up on the couch chair. So I soaked it all up and took him upstairs. I gave him a little bath, put on new clothes and changed myself. He than fell asleep on me almost instantly. He usually doesn't nap for another 2 hours. So it was rough on me to see him like this.
I thought it was over but I was wrong. He started puking just as I was making him another bottle. And it just kept happening from that point on. IT SUCKED.
We went to the doc and she said he has so much mucus in his throat from the drainage of the sinus infection that it is causing the vomiting. She also thought it could be from his antibiotics or possibly a virus going around. So no more attempts at formula today or solids, no meds of any kind. He can have Pedylite and that is it.
We got home and I tried an ounce and a half and he downed it, wanted more. So I gave him some more than some more - and in like 30 seconds after he finished the last go at it, he just puked that all up too! So we changed again!
He took another nap and was very cuddly until we put him to bed at an incline at 7:20pm. So that was my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment