Austin

Austin
1st B-day Party

Friday, January 29, 2010

A New Chapter

As most of my friends and family know, I have always been a competitive career oriented person. I met Justin and moved to Arizona 3 years ago, best decision of my life. In Colorado and in Portland I LOVED my jobs. I would have done anything for my company, my arenas/buildings, my co-workers and my customers. I just Loved what I did and I worked all the time. When we moved to AZ I found a sales position right away, however it was vastly different from my previous sales manager positions. I needed a break from that world and to slow down a bit, I was planning a wedding after all! I started up almost immediately with Enterprise as an Administrative Assistant, basically an executive assistant for the VP of Fleet Management.
Not too long after, our VP left and a new manager came in. My role changed more to office helper. Whatever anyone needed help with, I did it. This wasn't meant to be my life long career but a good place to be until I figured it all out.
Than the new love of my life came along, Austin, and my priorities changed a bit. We struggled with what was best for our family; work, make that money for the fun stuff or stay home and raise our children and do without the fun stuff. So I worked.

Yesterday I was laid off from my job at Enterprise. Of course I cried immediately when they shut the door and HR was in the room. I am actually pretty smart and know what is going on. I said "oh no, you are breaking up with me?" It is true though, isn't it? Isn't leaving a job like breaking up? I love my co-workers, I love my company but I completely understand their decision. The economy is down and I struggle everyday to find enough work to do so I don't want to hang myself in boredom. I like to be busy and productive, but there just wasn't enough for me to do anymore.

I have never been let go of any job my entire life and that may be the hardest part to swallow. But I will look and if the right job/career is out there, I will find it and I will get it. In the meantime, I will be lucky enough to spend this invaluable time with my baby, my love. I will have a WAY cleaner house and finally get that freaking X-mass tree taken down! SO ANNOYING! I will also have more time and energy to workout, cook healthier meals and get some much needed down time.

I was very fortunate to receive a severance package and after that is done, I will file unemployment. Hopefully the right job will find me and oh yes, I will be looking closer to home.

So this is a new chapter in my life. I am not really sad anymore, still a little shocked, but like everything that has come my way, I will make the very most and best of it. Thanks for the support and I look forward to writing future posts as my new career starts as a STAY AT HOME MOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment