Austin

Austin
1st B-day Party

Friday, February 5, 2010

Babies Toys - sort of a Rip Off

Austin is 7 months now and he loves his toys! He is a boy after all and even big boys (Justin) loves their toys (TV, Receiver/Speakers, Computers etc), so I should have known. I do not want my first born baby boy to go without something, but holly smokes, these things can get expensive.

Here is Austin in his 7 month photo

Luckily I have purchased most of his toys at garage sales! I have saved so much money, that it is unfair to others. GO ME! I have purchased a few toys/baby tools at the store but have always had a coupon good for 15 or 20% off. And A has received some toys from his Grandparents. OH I love the grandparents.
There is one toy, in particular, that I just knew Austin would love. But it was like $70! Well it was on sale and I had a coupon. I went to buy it when my MIL Ann was in town and she wanted to buy it for him! I LOVE ANN! Of course I gave her the coupon so she wouldn't spend as much and it was his big X-Mass present.
Fast forward like 2 1/2 months, I finally open the box to the Laugh & Learn House toy. I spent over an hour one Saturday afternoon putting it all together. I was so proud of myself as I am the more "handy" one in our household. Justin got home from work and I couldn't wait to show him and put some batteries in it to show it off. Of course he was impressed with my building (reading directions) skills. I open the little battery compartment and something is wrong. SOMETHING IS MISSING!! WHY WON'T THIS FREAKING PIECE OF CRAP WORK!?!
Okay, you know the little wire spring thing in all battery compartments, well this one was missing one of those. That is what holds the battery in place and connects it all so it will work. YEAH, this one was missing therefore it DID NOT WORK! Justin, being an engineer thought he could rig it up to work, but he was not quite getting it. I was so disappointed. Due to J's extreme passive ways, he did not want me to return it for a working toy but wanted to try and fix it himself. Yeah, that wasn't going to fly with me.
The next day I called the manager of BRU (Babies R Us) and he said I could exchange it. Luckily I called before hand because the girl at the counter looked at me as if I was asking for her first born. I got the new one and quickly put it together as I remembered all the steps. I was pumped, my baby now has his super expensive toy G-Ma Ann got him for X-mass!! WHOOHOO and it Works! I also bought A a little jeep walker and put it together that day too. Seriously, I am so handy. :)

Here is A playing with his new "working" toy

No comments:

Post a Comment