Austin

Austin
1st B-day Party

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Softball Success!

Before I got pregnant I played on 2 softball teams. I loved my teammates and the game and I would like to say I was pretty good. I actually can hit and run home runs, oh and I am a girl! hehe
Well my former teams were not signing up so I put my name in for a Queen Creek team and got put on a team. I live by/in QC so this is very nice, I do not have to drive more than 5 minutes to my games.
I have not been playing that great and my hitting has been horrific! Well, last night I finally hit the ball pretty well!! I got on base every time at bat except for one strike out. Keep in mind we play 2 games back to back. When I was running into home plate the first time, I hit the base and my cleats skid across it, I took a few crazy steps and tumbled to the ground. I was told it was very graceful but my knees are really mad at me now. The left knee I banged up every single game and it really bled on my last night. BOOO! But I was safe.
So here is the craziest inning! I was up at bat and hit a Triple!! I ran in and one girl needed a runner (she is preggers). I run in again and another girl needs a runner right away because she had a surgery a week ago and wasn't up to running the bases yet. I am on third and the guy at bat is the one before me in the line up, meaning I am up next. Luckily he hit well and I was able to run into home. I grab my bat immediately and hit a HOME RUN! It was so much running and everyone was laughing about it. That along with boot camp in the morning yesterday, I totally burned some calories.
A couple of us went to the bar for a beer after as well, it was a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment